COVID-19 Safety Update
UPDATE 14/03/2020: All Sunday Services are now cancelled.
As you are by now aware, there currently an ongoing worldwide pandemic of the COVID-19 virus. While we do not need to panic, there are certain measures that we will be taking to reduce the risk of infection at IBCD. After careful consideration, the following measures will be put in place effective immediately and until further notice:
- Suspension of ushering and greeting ministries. The flyers for the Sunday service will be put at the entrance for people to collect as they come in.
- Suspension of fellowship time after the Sunday service.
The fellowship hall is usually very crowded and this increases risk of
infection. Everyone is encouraged to go home after the service.
- Suspension of Sunday School and AWANA as kids are not able
to practice the generally recommended “social distancing” and this
presents a potential vector for virus spread from between children and
then unto adults. Parents are recommended to keep their kids with them
in the main Sunday service.
- All “open door” meetings at the church apart from the Sunday
services will be suspended while we monitor the situation. Some events
directly affected are: Biblical Counseling, Open House, Youth Meetings,
The following activities are not affected at this time:
- Sunday Services (morning & afternoon) will continue as usual
- The membership meeting will still take place as usual after the service on 22nd March.
- Good Friday evening service will happen as planned on 10th of April.
- Small group meetings like Bible studies can still take place on IBCD premises.
- Church Retreat is still planned to take place as announced
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide more guidance as we learn more. In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.